THE CORE VALUES ENSHRINED IN THE CONSTITUTION
THE CORE VALUES ENSHRINED IN THE CONSTITUTION
The Preamble to any Constitution is a brief introductory state conveys the guiding principles of the document. The values express preamble are expressed as objectives of the Constitution. Let u these constitutional values enshrined in the Indian Constitutions:
- Sovereignty: Being sovereign means having complete
freedom and being the supreme authority.
- Socialism: Socialism has been made a constitutional value aim
promoting social change and transformation to end all form
- Secularism: Secularism implies that our country is not guided by a
one religion or any religious considerations. However, the Indian sta is not against religions. It allows all its citizens to profess, preach and
practise any religion of their choice.
- Democracy: The Head of the State is elected by the people
Government of the people, by the people and for the people.
- Republic: The Head of the State, i.e. the President is elected and not
selected on the basis of heredity. The value strengthens and substantiates democracy where every citizen of India is equally eligible to be elected as the Head of the State. Political equality is the chief
message of this provision.
- Justice: The constitution-makers have included social, economic and
political justice as constitutional values. By doing so, they have stressed that the political freedom granted to Indian citizens has to be instrumental in the creation of a new social order, based on socioeconomic justice. This ideal of a just and egalitarian society remains as one of the foremost values of the Indian Constitution.
7 Liberty: The Preamble prescribes liberty of thought, expression, bele faith and worship as one of the core values. The ideals of democracy cannot be attained without the presence of certain minimal rights w are essential for a free and civilized existence of individuals. Equality:
8 Equality is as significant a constitutional value as any The Constitution ensures equality of status and opportunity
value as any other and opportunity to every
There is also yen for the development of the best in him/her.
nity: There is also a commitment made in the Preamble to oote the value of fraternity that stands for the spirit of common otherhood among all the people of India. In the absence of fraternity. plural society like India stands divided. Therefore, to give meaning to Dil the ideals like justice, liberty and equality, the Preamble lays great
emphasis on fraternity.
10 Dignity of the individual: It is essential to secure the dignity of every
individual without which democracy cannot function. It ensures equal participation of every individual in all the processes of democratic
- Unity and integrity of the Nation: To maintain the independence of
the country intact, the unity and integrity of the nation is very essential. Therefore, the stress has been given on fostering unity amongst all the
inhabitants of the country.
- International peace and a just international order: The value of
international peace and a just international order, though not included in the Preamble is reflected in other provisions of the Constitution. India aims at promoting international peace and security and honourable relations among nations. Fundamental Duties: Our Constitution prescribes some duties to be performed by the citizens.
Fundamental Duties .. have still greater importance because these reflect certain basic values like patriotism, nationalism, humanism, environmentalism, harmonious living, gender equality, scientific temper and injury, and individual and collective excellence.
GUIDELINES TO PARENTS TO KEEP THEIR CHILD
- All parents are requested to impart ‘Health Education to their children
so that they: a) Maintain personal hygiene like trimming of nails and being neat onregular basis.
- b) Exercise regularly.
- c) Sleep for at least eight hours daily,
- d) Have a balanced diet, nutritionally rich in protein and milk
- e) Drink water which is either boiled or filtered. (All sudent i advised to bring their own water bottles from home)
- f) Avoid consumption of ice-creams, other milk pro
catables from road side vendors.
- Deworm all children at least once every year. Advice to be
the family physician.
- Get dental and ophthalmic check-up every year.
- Immunize all children as per schedule given below:
- a) BCG (Basillus of Cametted and Guerin)
- b) DPT (Diphtheria Pertussis Tetanus)
- c) Oral Polio
- d) Measles / MMR (Mumps Measles Rubella)
- e) DT-at 5 years of age (Diphtheria Tetanus)
- f) Tetanus-Booster dose to be given between 7-10 years
and also to be given if injured.
- g) Typhoid once every year preferably.
- h) Cholera in the month of March.
- i) Meningitis.
- Should there be any infectious disease in your home please report the
fact to the Principal at once and do not send your ward to school till the
infectious period is over.
- Students suffering from diseases such as Chicken Pox, Cholera
Measles, Mumps, Whooping Cough and Jaundice must observe doctors
prescribed period of Quarantine.
- Students suffering from infectious diseases like Conjunctivitis,
Dermatitis, Scabies etc. should not be sent to school.
- Students suffering from chronic disease like Asthma, Epilepsy
Rheumatic Heart Diseases etc. are advised to be under continuous Medical Supervision of a specialist/Doctor. History of their illness be filled up in the Diary along with the treatment being taken.
Awareness of Breathing Take a relaxed posture, breathe normally… neither tast
neither deep nor shallow … Focus all your attention on your breath the air as it touches your nostrils. Be aware of its warmth or coolness. Don hold the breath or change the rhythm of breathing. Just breathe normally and become aware of your breathing. Gradually your breathing will become deep and you experience peace within you.
- Awareness of Sounds
Listen with all your attention to whatever sounds are audible here and now. Listen to each sound … nearby and far away … familiar and unfamiliar just listen to them. As you listen to them, become aware that you are in the presence of God, your Creator and Lord.
- Awareness of Sensations
Focus your attention for a moment on your posture. Become aware of each part of your body… of the tiny sensations and feelings that are present there. Become aware of the feelings in the crown of your head and move progressively downwards to your nose, eyes, mouth, shoulders, chest, heels, soles, toes … every part of your body. Do not linger on any part. If you feel no particular sensations … move on. Just be aware … as you stand or sit in God’s presence. Slowly peace will descend on you.
FIVE PATHS FOR PERSONAL TRANSFORMATION
- Pray daily for peace, according to your religious tradition to become an
agent of peace and reconciliation.
- Skip a meal a week to express solidarity with the hungry and contribute
the savings to the poor and the needy.
- Do a good deed a day without selfish motive to develop loving concern
for the nation.
- Honour parents, teachers and all human beings.
- Respect the earth and save its resources.
TIPS FOR YOUR STUDY
- Start with a clean desk.
- Sit up straight……….a straight body………..straight thinking.
- Pray to the All-Wise and All-Knowing God to help you progress in your
4.Take up first the subject you dislike most. Once you have done this the rest of your work will be easy.